Thursday, July 16, 2015

"My Thoughts and My Ways"

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.  "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.  For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

Are you like me when it comes to trying to figure God out?  When things happen, good or bad, do you try to see God's purpose for them?  Do you look at your situation and try to find God's hand in it, and do you search for answers to its outcome?  Today I was reminded that no matter what I come up with I have a very good chance of being completely mistaken.  I am gently put back in my place as God tells me to stop trying to figure everything out.  He says, "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts" as though to say......"stop trying to always figure Me out and just trust that I know best".  Is it wrong for me to see God's hand in my life?  Absolutely not, but I am finding it is wrong to assume what He is doing or where He is going with my situation.  God works in ways we can never understand.  He uses things to benefit us that we could never imagine.  He allows things to happen that no human could ever turn to good even if we had superpowers!  When we try to figure God's plan out we are laying aside our trust in Him.  We are trying to take over and get the answers before God is ready to give them to us.  When we look at our situation that is all we see.  We don't see God's big picture, and the many missing pieces that don't directly involve us.  We don't see that he works things our for all creation that started the day the world began.  He holds the master plan that began at creation and continues to the day Jesus returns.  Our God is a good God.  He is the only God!  He loves us in a way no one can!  He knows us in a way that is impossible to comprehend!  Let's leave the plan in His hands.  Let's sit back and watch Him work without getting too far ahead of Him.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!