Thursday, July 23, 2015

Look And You Will Find

For everyone who asks, receives.  Everyone who seeks, finds.  And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7:8

This simple verse was part of my devotion this morning and as I read it I was reminded that God always answers.  When I go to Him in prayer, He answers.  When I search His Word, He gives me wisdom.  When I call out to Him, His presence gives me peace.  When I go looking for Him, He is there and opens the door to let me in on His beauty and promises.  

My answers aren't always what I want to hear.  I sometimes find Him in the most unexpected places.  He speaks to me through some of the most surprising scripture passages.  His promises never ever stop amazing me.  God is everything we dream He is.  He is everything we look for in a genuine, loyal friend,  but we must trust that with all our being.  When we are in need, He is there, sometimes easier to find than others.  When we want answers, his answers aren't always the answers we want to hear, but they direct us and teach us.  When the door opens, it may not be the door we expected, but He is listening ever so carefully to our knocking.  God knows what's best for us.  We can rest in Him and trust where He takes us, and what He teaches us along the way.    


Dear God, as I come to you daily, seeking answers and guidance I know that I can trust you.  I look to you with anticipation knowing that you will hear me and direct me.  Help me when the answers aren't what I expect and when the door isn't the door I wanted opened.  Give me strength and boldness to stick with your plan, trusting in you to take me where I need to be, and to teach me what I need to know.  Thank you for loving me in ways I can't even comprehend!  I never want to do this life without you.....Amen and Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!