Monday, March 9, 2015

Today Starts with a Choice

I have made mistakes when I misunderstood God's direction. I've said and done things I wish I could change, but today is a new day. I choose today to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. To calm my heart and listen to what God is asking of me. To surrender my rights and take responsibility for what I'm supposed to do in hard situations. Today, I choose to wear the armor God has prepared for my safety and defense against the schemes of the devil. I choose to follow God and not my own desires. To let him fight the fights in the heavenly realms as I choose to love on this earth.

Lord, lead me today and keep me humbled under your leadership.

What choices do you need to make today? Where does God want you today to step up and do things his way? Where have you been hurt and need to offer forgiveness? Are there things that others have done that you responded inappropriately too and need to ask forgiveness? Yeah, me too! Today let's let God move in us to be our leader as we humble ourselves to be changed ourselves and live strong in the armor he has provided.


The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Ephesians 6:10-18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!