Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Honoring My Husband

I actually had a whole other blog prepared today but circumstances called for something different.  Our family had an emergency placement last night at 8 PM and I have to brag on my husband for a moment.  It never fails......seriously, every time we get a call from DCS my husband is enjoying a little down time.  Last night was no different.  I actually had an unexpected cancellation and was able to stay home.  He finally had a night off with no practices or meetings and so we snuck in a little "date" (if going to Wendy's in sweats even counts) without our children and we had nice conversation and alone time.  When we got home he was so excited to sit down and catch up on a few T.V shows, I had a small project I wanted to do for him and so we went about our evening, well we were at least heading that direction, when the phone rang.  Two children, a toddler and a baby.  My husband knows my heart when it comes to these helpless babies and in fact he has the same feelings.  Let's just say he lives in reality a little better than I do.  He knows our families limits and I am trying so hard to follow his lead.  God made him to be the leader of our home and so many times my selfish desires want to win out.  He was willing to say yes for the night since it was an emergency and the chances of finding the right home for these children were slim at such late notice.  So we picked up and drove the nearby jail where we were to pick these children up.  An hour later we were headed home with two children we knew nothing about.  The baby was screaming hungry and her brother was just as sweet as can be.  We got them home and failed at putting the toddler to bed, of course he woke up as soon as we got him out of the car.  The baby too!  She was not going to bed without a fight.......a very long fight.

What melted my heart and won me over last night was my husband's choice to put his tired body and his desires aside to answer God's call.  We may not be keeping them for more than 24 hours but in that moment he was willing to love these children with all he had and do his best to make them feel comfortable and loved, if only for a night.  I want to honor my husband and thank him today for the kind hearted man that he is.  I don't praise him enough for the love that he shares and the great husband, father and provider that he is.  I married him and he is mine forever!  God blessed me indeed!!  I encourage you to submit your husband today and praise him for the great things he does for you.  Even if he isn't the man you used to know or situations have changed him and he isn't always the nicest guy, find the good in him, thank God for one good thing.  Submit to his wishes for your family, don't always insist on getting your own way but work together and respect each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!