Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Roar

When I hear the song "Roar" by Katy Perry I can't help but feel empowered and I end up singing along......yes, anywhere, even in public with my children.  It might not be a song that you relate to God, in any way, but this week as I listened to it poolside with God's blessings all around me I saw this song in a different light...............and 80 degree temperatures.  I have never really listened to the words of this song, only the chorus.  Just quickly reviewing the chorus reminds me of the power we hold over satan and his lies.  It makes me feel like I can conquer anything, especially the difficult situations that the world will throw at me from time to time.....to time.  Further research of the lyrics prove that this song can indeed be used to praise God for His mighty power over death and sin.  The opening to the song describes a person who was afraid to stand for what she believed so she ended up falling.  In this context we could say it was any one of us who was afraid of conflict so instead of standing for what we believed in we compromised our faith and fell to temptation and sin.  Next comes the point at which we realize our sin and we decide to stand up for what we believe and we confront the sin and repent:  
"You held me down but I got up (hey)  
already brushing off the dust.  
You hear my voice, you hear that sound 
like thunder gonna shake the ground  
You held me down but I got up (hey)  
get ready cause' I've had enough"

So today I am praising God with this, maybe a little, unusual song.  It is a story so familiar to every one of us.  We have all been in this place where we decided enough was enough and it was time to take our life back from satan and land ourselves in God's hands once again.  Satan has no power over us when we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, but he does continue to have power.  If we are pulled in by his lies and fall into sin created by him then it is possible for us to fall away from God's power.  But we forever hold the power to decide, at any moment, that we've had enough, and at that moment, when we call out for God, He will be right there to carry us back to His safety.  

With God we are Champions!!  We are fighters!!  We dance through the fire!!!  With God we can do anything!! 

Enjoy this song all day long! Praise God for the power He gives you.  Who knows maybe it will even inspire you to make a change in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!