Friday, March 6, 2015

He Will Not Abandon Us

No, I will not abandon you as orphans - I will come to you.
-John 14:18-

My day started off on an emotional spin as I watched a sweet video of a couple who had tried for 9 years to have a baby of their own and decided to adopt.  The video was a short documentary of their journey and meeting their brand new baby boy for the very first time.  I cried right along with them when they entered that hospital room.  I just couldn't stop thinking of my recent situation, saying goodbye to our foster baby.  I was reminded of the hole in my heart that still aches for a forever addition to our family.  We have been more than blessed with our own 3 children but the reason we started fostering over 2 years ago was to find that special child that belonged in our family forever.

I can't help but think of all the children who are abandoned at birth or that wake up one day with their parents but by the end of the day they are sleeping in a strange house with strange people.  How terrifying!  The apostles were facing such a story as Jesus explained to them that He we was leaving.  But His promise in John 14:18 is so comforting.  As I read it me heart feels so much peace knowing that I can never be abandoned by Him.  We will never have to live one day without Jesus!  We never have to fear waking up one day without Jesus, our strength.

Dear God,
Thank you for sending Jesus for me.  You did not leave me the day He died on the cross but brought Him closer.  Now through Your Holy Spirit He dwells in my heart!  I am undeserving of this amazing love you have for me.  I can never be abandoned by you, help me to do the same for others.  Amen  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!