Monday, March 2, 2015

Bring A Gift Of Laughter

On your feet now - applaud God!  Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence.
- Psalm 100:1-2 MSG -

One of my favorite things, as a parent, is to hear my children laugh.  First of all, if they are together laughing, I know that they are getting along which brings my heart joy.  Second, the kind of laugh that comes straight from their belly, the one that is free and without abandon, that laugh always brings a smile to my face.  I love to hear joy overflowing from my children.  Their joy is my joy!  The same is true with our heavenly Father.  He loves to see us happy.  He longs to see his children getting along and laughing together.  I even believe we put a smile on His face when we get to laughing hard.  He loves the sound of our happiness, as long as it's not at the expense of another one of His children.  The scripture above states that our laughter is a gift to God.  Our laughter is a gift of praise.  It brings us into His presence where He laughs along side us and delights in our happiness.  So today, share your joy with God.  Offer up your happiness and your laughter as a gift to Him and thank Him for the many reasons you have to laugh.  Find a friend and laugh with her.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!