Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Bring it into the Light

"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed hat will not be known or brought out into the open." Luke 8:17

 I strongly believe in accountability in our Christian walks and this verse reminds me of yet another reason to find an accountability partner. We all have hurts and pains from our past. Whether they are the results of our own choices or because of someone else's sin,  the hurt often remains. Secret sins, abuse, poor choices, anything we try to keep hidden is a playground for satan. He spins the merry-go-round of regret, throws us down the slide to a pit of fear, and replays the pain as he chases us day after day. 

It takes courage to share our hearts and our hurts. Today, if you need this freedom,  I encourage you to share with a trusted friend or a Godly Christian counselor. This verse tells us that one day all things will come into the light anyway, so why not deal with them today and find freedom for you soul! God doesn't' want us to live in fear of the past. As we deal with it, there will be emotions that are tender and painful. But in the end, the freedom of walking into the light is well worth the journey. 

Dear Lord,
I ask that you help us to live confidently and boldly in your name. Give me the courage to deal with the hurting places in my heart. Bring me a friend who is trusted and wise. Lead me into your healing and wholeness. I long to live in your freedom.
In your name I pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!