Tuesday, November 25, 2014

United

"For where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them." Matthew 18:20

Jeff and I were at the Colts' game on Sunday. I was watching the game when I noticed out of the corner of my eye, several people rise all at once. Then it was done.  I refocused on the game.  Soon I noticed it again. As I looked back beyond the crowd, I saw one man who stood out from all the rest. He was standing on a step looking around, waving with all his might at the crowd encircling him. He then motioned to 3 other men a few rows below him; they joined him with enthusiasm. With his body motions I could watch him count. As he counted his arms conducted the crowd to respond with him...1, 2, 3! And with that the entire section stood to do the wave. First it lasted for about 2 sections. But he rallied the crowd and tried again. He counted, they responded, and this time the wave proceeded for about another 5 sections. Time and again he tried. There was no stopping his spirit! Eventually, the crowd responded and the wave encircled the stadium at least 3 times consecutively! It was a thrill to watch as a few responded to the leadership of one and then worked together to encourage others to do the same. The thrill for me was not to spur on the Colts but to think of the power within one Christian to change the lives of so many!
Much the same, when we respond to Jesus as our leader, we can change an entire community for his purposes. It only takes the heart of one who is sold out for the Lord to create a ripple effect that reaches thousands. As I witnessed the sea of blue respond in the wave yesterday, I prayed asking God to make me that kind of woman. One who is relentless in her faith. I also thanked him that is one in Christ, Jeff and I are on the same team!

Lord, Give us all the faith that changes the world around us. Teach us to be steadfast in you so that we can change the world around us! We love you, Lord! And today I celebrate the work you are doing in my own life and in my home! Go, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!