Thursday, November 27, 2014

Be So Thankful!

No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

As I spend my quiet time with God this morning I am trying so hard to think of all the things I am thankful for.  Things this week haven't exactly gone as expected and today isn't the day I had planned for.   I could easily sit here and think of the wrong that has occurred and what my day could have/should have been like.  I could stay disappointed and feel sorry for my situation but today I choose to be thankful in all circumstances.  No I am not pretending things are just fine and dandy, but I am choosing to sit at the feet of Jesus, cry it all out and hand it all over for this moment, and thank Him for all that is good in my life.  I know I am not the only one who was expecting a different day and now dealing with changes that were out of my control.  There are some of you who are missing a loved one, some of you may be stuck working, maybe you are away from your family on this special day or you are feeling a bit under the weather.  Whatever has tried to spoil your thankfulness, gather up all your strength, grab your bible and spend time handing over your hurt.  I just did and I feel much better.  Will it last all day?  Maybe not, I may be praying every hour, if needed, but I will refuse to let satan tell me my day should be/could be better.  God knew this day was coming for me and He knows just what I need to make it through.  He has all the provision I need for today and if I don't ask Him for it then I will never make it.  But when asking I have to be willing to let Him in.  I have to be willing to change my attitude to better align with His will.  

Yes God!  I have so much to be thankful for.  You love me with an everlasting, unconditional love that my brain cannot possible comprehend!  Your love provides everything I could ever need in life.  Please take away my hurt today and help me to be thankful for what I have in You.  Amen!

Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!