Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Marvelous Craftmaship

The heavens tell of the glory of God.  The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship.  Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.  They speak without a sound or a word; their voice is silent in the skies; yet their message has gone out to all the earth, and their words to all the world.
Psalm 19:1-4

Several days a year I will be found in a group text praising God for the beautiful sky, scenery or weather that He has produced for us.  Last night was one of those moments!  As I was admiring the shades of orange, pink and purple, towards the west, my phone alerted me that I had a text.  It was my dear friend exclaiming how great our God was by painting us such a beautiful picture in the sky.  There is something about fall that produces such amazing color all around!  God did not leave out one detail in that sky last night.  It was as though He would have worked for hours to produce something so beautiful and as quickly as it appears, it is gone.  If I had painted something so beautiful you better believe it would be hanging on my wall or refrigerator!  But God is so full of power that it's nothing to Him to create a beautiful sky one moment just to take it away to complete darkness the next.  He is perfectly capable or reproducing the same beauty tomorrow or the next day!  Someone needed that sky last night.  Someone needed Him to say, "I am here".  He would do all that work for you alone.  He would put that much work into grabbing just one person's attention if He wanted. He loves each one of us that much!  

Don't miss out on the details that God provides for you!  Don't be caught looking down at your problems, that you forget to look up at His presence in your life.  God is all around.  We can know God just by seeing His marvelous craftsmanship and acknowledging His great power!  Without any other explanations, we can know that God exists through the beauty He portrays in nature!

From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made.  They can clearly see his invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature.  So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God. 
Romans 1:20

Dear God, you are absolutely perfect in my life!  I love the beauty you portray all around me.  Help me to notice all of the detail, keeping my focus on You instead of my problems.  Thank you for loving so much that you would take the time to speak to me through nature!  I praise you for fall and the colors you produce for the world to see!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!