Friday, November 28, 2014

God's Will For You (Part 1)

I was asked this question by a friend whose desire is to please God in all things...“How do I know if something is the will of God or my own will? I can justify about anything...” I am so smiling because I know God smiled at that sincere, heartfelt question. What else could delight our Father so much as a heart willing to seek his will. I found 4 aspects of God's will that we will look at over the next 4 days.


What is God’s will for you?

1. God’s will is that you put your faith in him, trust in his sovereignly, and are thankful.
1 Thessalonians 5:18, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 

This verse shows me that God’s will is to trust in his sovereignty. We are to praise him in ALL circumstances. ALL means he is over everything. Nothing happens that he is not aware of prior to its happening. He has a plan and has had one from the beginning. Scripture shows us his faithfulness to that plan. In faith, we trust that all things are part of his plan, though we don’t always like or understand, we accept that he is in control. 
It is his will that we learn to praise him in all circumstances. Not because of what he does or doesn’t do, but because of who he Is!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!