Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Ridiculous God

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

As I spent some quiet time with God today I found myself shaking my head and saying, "You're ridiculous God, absolutely ridiculous!" You can't hear that laughter accompanying that comment, but know that it was there! Here's why I love and serve a ridiculous God:

1. When He's silent I hear him! Let me explain... I had a rather rough day at work. I was exhausted and the demands were high. I came home to hear, "Why are you so grumpy?" I didn't really know, but when I tried to talk to God, he felt silent, distant. I needed a fresh word from him. Something to snap me out of the 'mood' but nothing came. I needed to cuddle in close, but he felt too far from me. It wasn't until the next morning that I realized he was quiet because he'd already given me a word, and I wasn't doing it! In his silence, he spoke volumes! Once I did what I was told, my mood lifted and I felt his closeness again.

2. When I close my eyes I see! As I pray, I close my eyes and envision myself at his throne and his peace and glory overcome me. With eyes closed tight, I see the beauty of a loving God! With eyes closed I see the faces of those I am to pray for as well.

3. When I bow my knees, I stand before him! As I pray in a bowed position, I am strengthened to stand against all that will come my way. I also stand justified before a merciful God.

4. When I surrender all, I gain everything! I'm amazed time and again that as I offer more of myself, my things, my people to the Lord, I am gaining a peace in the Lord that I never knew existed. And I find myself longing for more of Jesus even as I lose myself!

Lord, you are crazy! Your ways are so not the ways of this world, and to anyone who doesn't know you I'm sure this sounds like utter foolishness. But because I've experienced it myself, my smile before you is my offering today. You're ridiculous, and I'm absolutely in love with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!