Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Comfort From God

When I am filled with cares your comfort brings me joy.
Psalm 94:19

To comfort someone is to make them feel less unhappy or help them feel at ease.  It brings reassurance to that person and helps him or her to cope with the problem at hand.  Many of us, when feeling upset or angry about a situation, will turn to a friend whom we know will bring us comfort in our time of despair.  We will look for reassurance from a friend or loved one.  When I am worried about something I will look to my husband or my best friend to say or do something to remove my doubts and fears, because in my moment of worry I can't come up with anything on my own.  Lately I have a lot of cares running through my mind about things that are really out of my control.  Every once in a while I need to hear my husband tell me that things will be okay.  I will go to my best friend with doubts and concerns and she will gently reassure me that God is in control and that things are going to work out for good for me.  But when it's the middle of the day and I am all alone in a quiet house I don't always have the luxury of being comforted by someone.  When there is no one to talk to or lean on God is always there.  When caught up on my mess or my cares I too often forget that I have all the comfort and reassurance I need right in my bible.  I can open it up and page after page is evidence of His comfort, hope and provision.  It just feels so much better to know that God is the perfector of comfort.  He has so many promises all telling me that I will succeed, my life is protected in His hands, and that His plans far out way anything I could imagine on my own.  

Friends, I want this comfort for you, but you will never experience God's amazing comfort if you do not open your bible and let Him comfort you.  Be receptive to His promises and words of hope and reassurance!  If you do not seek Him daily and spend time in prayer and conversation, listening to Him, then you will miss out on a comfort that surpasses all others.  Read His Word and allow Him to penetrate your heart and mind.  Let those pages reach out and hold you while grabbing hold of His promises and allowing them to fill you with joy.  Don't sell yourself short and only seek comfort from others, seek comfort from the One who has perfected it.  Like the picture above, let the pages of God's Word hold you.  Find God's comfort that brings with it joy.  Be filled with reassurance and peace through the comfort that only God can offer you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!