Sunday, December 8, 2013

I AM!

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Isrealites: I AM has sent me to you.”  Exodus 3:14

He is “The Great I AM”!

Have you ever taken time to ponder God’s statement, “I AM has sent me to you.”? It’s always felt like a partial statement to me. The Great I AM what? Today I realized it is an incomplete, complete thought. The thought is incomplete to me, but made complete as I have a need. In my time of need God shows me that He is literally everything I need.

Need someone to snuggle you and hear your hurts, fears, and hold you without expectation. 
Romans 8:15 tells us that we are his children and we can cry, “Abba, Father” because we are his children. 
Isaiah 66:13 tells us “I (God) will comfort you there as a child is comforted by his mother.”

Just need someone to listen?
Exodus 22:27  “... When he cries out to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate.”

Want to be loved just because you are loved, not because of what you’ve done?
God is love. It is the essence of His being. He doesn’t love us because of what we’ve done, will do, or have failed to do. NO, it’s exactly the opposite. We can love because he created us to love and He loved us first.
1 John 4:10  This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our
             not be afraid; do  not be discouraged.

Need someone you can depend on and that doesn’t question your trust?
Joshua 1:5 “... I will not fail you or abandon you.”
Joshua 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and he will be with you: he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do 
            not be afraid; do  not be discouraged.

Are you lost and confused? Unsure about the direction of your life? Need someone to guide you?
John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.”
 Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths. 

Whatever we need, God is! 
Get in the Bible, dig around, let him show you who he is and meet your every need!
Write it down, add it to the blog. Who was God for you today? How did he meet your needs?
Jesus says in Mark 8:29, "Who do you say I am?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!