Tuesday, August 23, 2016

You Are Adored!

I’m sure you’ve experienced the tingle in your heart when a child or grandchild just does the sweetest thing. Oh, maybe they say something cute, give you a homemade gift, or flash you that ornery look teasing and fun. Whatever it is, you just can’t help but smile and delight in the presence of this dear child.

Did you know that this is how the Lord sees you? It’s true. Psalm 149:4 says, 
For the Lord takes delight in his people
he crowns the humble with victory.”

I’m kind of a word nut, so I had to look up synonyms for the word delight. It made me smile to know that I could reword a portion of this scripture by saying:

The Lord adores me.
The Lord loves me.
The Lord glories in me.
The Lord savors time with me.
The Lord relishes in me.

But my favorite synonym is this...

The Lord ‘gets a kick out of’ me.


God ‘gets a kick out of ‘ me! He thinks I’m fun, witty, and a bring a tingle to his heart. He adores me as his child, and I make him smile! Isn’t that a great image of a father loving his child! Enjoy today, Friend, knowing that you are adored and that your daddy’s heart delights in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!