Friday, August 19, 2016

Credit Where Credit is Due

With the Olympics going on it is easy to cheer for the grand accomplishments of our national athletes. Often we may find ourselves sitting back and admiring what each one has accomplished, and wondering how he/she was able to master such an event. Yet today's scripture reminds us where our awestricken feelings should really be focused.

 You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth in me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.
Deuteronomy 8:17-18

Whether it's wealth or fame, intelligence or physical accomplishments God is the one who deserves the praise. It is his commitment to work for our good that allows us to succeed in any area. What are your successes? Do you give God the glory or do you marvel at your own accomplishments?

Friend, it's time we start giving credit where credit is due! It is God who allows us to succeed in your jobs or in any another task. It is God that has blessed us with athletic abilities or leadership qualities. Praise to God for the good things he brings forth in your life.

Dear God,
I could not have accomplished the things in my life without you. You are my strength, wisdom, and power. Thank you for loving me so tenderly and leading me to the place I am today. To you I give all glory, honor, and praise!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!