Friday, August 5, 2016

Getting Back on Track

Summer has its way of changing things. Positively summer refreshes and renews. Evenings are spent talking, resting and enjoying the warmth of the season outside by the pond. Schedules are relaxed and fluid with one event gently melting into another as opposed to the forced, rigid schedules of the school year. This is my favorite thing about summer... doing what I want when I want to do it!

But this lack of routine has a negative effect also. The time comes when I need a schedule. My lack of routine leaves me with wasted moments and unfinished tasks. That time is now! I'm ready for a bit of routine, although, just a bit! It's time to get back on track! I have become complacent!

In the past this might have meant creating my 'still to do list', feeling sadness over the failure to complete various tasks and setting a new scheduled daily/weekly routine. But this summer God has shown me a lot about resting. He is to be my priority, followed by my husband, family and friends. If I can wake looking forward to the privelegde of serving God each day, he will fill in my schedule. He will help me determine the most important items and help me have the courage to allow things to remain undone.

As you send the kids back to school, reprioritize your days, and get back on track, be careful. Be aware of leaving margin in your day; Allow time for God to lead you to divine appointments and sweet moments spent with Him alone. Be careful not to jam your schedule with things you feel you must do when what God really wants is for you just to be... be in his presence, be thankful, be loving, be available for Him and His works.

Lord,
Help me to get back on track. Help me to allow you to direct my steps. As I work to organize my days show me how to prioritize and constantly surrender to the changes you make in my path. Teach me the value of margin and focus. In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!