Monday, August 1, 2016

Rest and Relax



Come to me all who are weary and burdened , and I will give you rest. Take my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11: 28-30

So often I look forward to summer so I can rest and relax. I have this vision of spending my days reading books, floating on the pond, visiting with friends, and drinking tea on the patio. However, my summer days often become just like many others... rushed, running, and rattled. 

Today my sweet little Emma reminded me to just stop, relax and take in the day God has made. As I watched her floating in the pond I was in awe at her peace and my heart smiled. She just knew how to take in God's provision. No worries. No fears of tomorrow.... Just resting and relaxing! 

How about you? Do summers wear you out with ballgames, festivities, and yard work. Take time today to just enjoy the day God has given you! Hand him your worries. Give him your fears. Decide what must be done today and what can wait until tomorrow. Rest and Relax!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!