Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Dominating Thoughts

And don't be concerned about what to eat and what to drink.  
Don't worry about such things.  
These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, 
but your Father already knows your need.
Luke 12:29-30 

God is our source; everything we need is provided through His love.  There may be times we don't get what we want but He will always provide what we need.  He knows us better than we know ourselves and He is the master of good gifts!  We must never let thoughts of fear and worry dominate our day.  Worrying about our health, our job, our family and a whole slew of things can really take the joy out of our day.  Just like unbelievers who don't know God and trust Him, we too can get sucked into a fear that overtakes us.  With no hope in God, and no trust in He who saves us in all circumstances, we can fall victim to defeat and destruction caused by our own fear.  That fear comes from untruth and satan is behind it one hundred percent of the time.  The fears that dominate a nonbeliever should not dominate us.  We are vicotious in Jesus Christ and no matter what the circumstance we face, we are ultimatley winners!  We must not fear what tomorrow might bring, don't worry about such things!  But trust that whatever happens has God's hands all over it.  Our Father knows our needs and He has been working on them since before the day we were formed in our mothers womb!  


Dear Loving God, 
Thank you for knowing my needs and taking care of them for me.  I am free to hand over my worries and thoughts trusting that you have all of my concerns taken care of.  I don't want to worry about things that steal my joy.  I want to live a life full of praise and confidence because I know that no matter what you are in charge.  You are my provider and my source and I thank you.  Amen          

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!