Thursday, August 18, 2016

Go Above And Beyond

When Ruth went back to work again, Boaz ordered his young men, "Let her gather grain right among the sheaves without stopping her.  And pull out some heads of barley from the bundles and drop them on purpose for her.  Let her pick them up, and don't give her a hard time!"  Ruth 2:15-16

Boaz was a kind man.  He was sensitive to the needs of those he dealt with and he was generous with his riches.  He noticed Ruth was a hard worker, and he knew about her loyalty to her mother-in-law. Boaz didn't just give Ruth a job.  He went above and beyond what she needed from him.  Instead of just letting her work hard to earn the food she needed Boaz made sure that the men in his field treated her with respect.  He ordered them to make her work easy and he was happy to send her home with more than enough.  Boaz fed Ruth while she worked for him and he made sure she felt welcome and comfortable.  I found it pleasing to hear about how well he took care of Ruth.  Then it got me thinking of all the people I encounter.  Do I go above and beyond what is asked of me?  As I think about this in my own life I pose the same question to you.  I also encourage you to use your gifts and talents to do more than the minimum for someone today.  

For the whole story of Ruth and Boaz read the Book of Ruth chapters 1-4.


Dear God, you put people into my life for reasons only you know fully.  Help me to take the time to go above and beyond for someone.  Let your Spirit lead me to care for the people in my life.  Change my heart to be more like Boaz.  In Jesus' Name......Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!