Monday, August 29, 2016

Keep At It

Depend on God and keep at it because in the Lord God you have a sure thing. 
Isaiah 26:4 MSG

As I look back on my life, I see times where I was serving the Lord more faithfully than others. Times when I gave him my heart and my hands and feet followed in obedient service. And then, sadly I must say, there are times when my heart wandered. Times when the little gods grew bigger, and I lost my way.

Thinking on these things can make me feel sad and worthless; I feel like a failure. They can make me wonder what opportunities the Lord had for me that I missed. That's kind of how I felt when I awoke this morning, but then God reminded me of Samson. Samson was a man of God, mighty in strength and faith. He began strong in his ministry working for the Lord, but unfortunately his little god (love for women), distracted him and his ministry and work for the Lord lost it's effectiveness.  I used to think Samson's story ended here. He had failed to do what God had set before him. But today God reminded me that Samson kept at it. He failed, but then he continued on to greatness for the Lord. In one mighty act, Samson did more for the Lord than he possibly would have on the previous path he journeyed. God turned his willing heart around and used him for His glory. 

I have failed, but my heart still seeks the Lord. Sometimes I'm weary. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by my lack of steadfastness, but I keep at it! Why? Because the Lord reminds me that it's not about what I've done or failed to do. It's about what He's done! My eternity is a sure thing. He won't fail me because I failed him. He won't abandon me because my wandering heart abandoned him. I can rest assured that God holds a place for me in heaven with His beautiful son despite my failures and disobedience. And that alone is reason to smile and sing praises to His holy name!

GFF, Keep at it! Don't give up for in the Lord God you have a sure thing because of what He's done for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!