Friday, May 8, 2015

Run to Daddy!


“So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him." Luke 15:20


I saw the sweetest thing the other day. I was driving home from work and in front of me was an Amish van. As the van approached the next house it pulled to the side of the road, and a man exited the van appearing weary from the day. He began walking up his drive; a drive that was nearly a quarter mile lone. I had to wonder if he was exhausted from his day's work. It was beautiful out, but as a carpenter, I'm sure the sun was wearing on him as he worked throughout the day.
  
About 3/4 the way up the lane, I saw about 5 children come running from the house as fast as they could go. I wondered how the dad would respond. Was his mind racing with chores to do and lists of tasks to accomplish now that he was home? Was he too tired to respond?

Tears came to my eyes as that daddy got down on one knee, set down his lunch pail, and waited for his children to leap into his arms. It was an amazing homecoming! One I can only assume happens day after day at that home! 

That's how I see my heavenly Father! He comes toward me longing to hold me in his arms, then he waits for me to close the distance between us and jump into his arms! Will you run to him today?

Listen to When God Ran by Phillips, Craig, and Dean.  WHEN GOD RAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!