Thursday, May 28, 2015

Be Salty!

"Let me tell you why you are here.  You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God flavors of this earth.  If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?  You've lost usefulness and will end up in the garbage."
-Matthew 5:13-

Salt is a seasoning used to enhance the taste of food.  If we are to be salt seasoning while here on earth then we should be making life more interesting for others.  But not just any life, a life lived with God as our Father and Jesus as our savior.  We can't keep what we know to ourselves but instead we should share it with others in attempt to enhance their God experiences.  To be this salt we must know God.  We have to spend time with Jesus, and in the Word, to know who God is and be able to recognize the character of Jesus so that we can imitate Him.  If we don't have this personal relationship with Jesus and if we aren't growing in our faith then we will lose our saltiness and will become ineffective for the Kingdom of God.  


Dear God,
I don't want to be thrown in the garbage.  Help me to stay salty.  Keep me in your Word and give me boldness to bring salt into a world that likes to keep things sweet and nice.  Show me the true character of Jesus and let your Spirit strengthen me to share the important God moments in my life and what I have learned as I grow in my faith.  In Jesus' Name......Amen      

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!