Thursday, May 21, 2015

Praise God For The Little Things!

I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30


The newest member of our household has not been on the same page as me when it comes to sleeping.  I have lost a few nights of sleep recently and instead of letting myself complain, which is very easy to do at 3 am when you've been up for the last 2 hours, I have been trying my hardest to praise God for the little things.  No I don't want to be changing this diaper at 4 am, and I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to make the next bottle, but my heart is at ease when I can whisper a thank you to God for this little miracle that is currently screaming for food.  It doesn't come natural, but choosing to praise God for the little things when the big things around me aren't going as planned, gives me peace and brings joy to my heart even when my body has no energy left to stand.  So this morning I am praising God for the little things!  Last night was picture perfect!  The baby was up 3 times but every time he went right back to sleep!  Yes, my sleep was still interrupted but praise God for letting us both go back to sleep right away!  While a full nights sleep would be HUGE, I can be thankful for what I was offered and realize just how big it really was.  I praise God for being in the small things just as much as the big and I don't ever want to miss the small things because I am waiting on the big things.  So next time you are experiencing something not so fun and you want to give up or start complaining turn your eyes to the little blessings around you and focus on those.......they will soon grow in size and seem bigger than you imagined and your heart will be full of thanksgiving and praises.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!