Monday, May 4, 2015

Chin Up, Sweetie!


I read this verse the other evening and couldn't help but smile! It had been a beautiful day. The weather was perfect and my heart was already happy, but this verse made me even more joyful!

     "But you, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head." Psalm 3:3

Some days life is just overwhelming. Some days we're just tired and grumpy. Some days are just too much to bear. But if we are wise, we will take our eyes off circumstance and look up to our Lord! He is the 'lifter of my head.' Don't you just love that image? I do and it makes me smile and warms my heart.
 
Imagine this scene with me.... 
You're having a rough day, maybe even the worst day of your life. You just melt into a puddle on the floor too tired or discouraged to go on. Your head is down as tears warm your cheeks. Just when you lose hope, along comes Jesus. He kneels down on one knee and gently lifts your chin to look up into his loving eyes. He restates the promises he's spoken to you time and again...

      I will never leave you or forsake you... Deut. 31:6
      I have loved you with an everlasting love... Jer. 31:3
      I am working all things for your good... Romans 8:28 
      Do not be afraid or discouraged; I'm aways with you... Joshua 1:9

Your fears fade and your heart warms. A smile slowly comes across your face. He is confident, safe, and strong. He's got this! He knows the pain, fear, and discouragement you face, but he's got it all worked out. You are safe and secure. Hope returns!



Friend,
Whenever those down days come, just look up. Imagine his tender touch as he lifts your face to meet his gaze. Feel the strength of his hand as he draws you in and assures you that even in the uncertainty you can be certain! He's got you and he won't let go! 

Dear Lord,
You are my glory. You are my strength. You are the lifter of my head! On the rough days, help me to look up and feel your presence. Help me to trust in you and know that I am safe and secure. I love you, LORD and

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!