Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Right With God

He was handed over to die for our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God.
Romans 4:25


Deep down I do know that there is nothing I can do to win my salvation.  I know that Jesus died for me and that is all it took to make me right in God's eyes.  I am so grateful for this, and as I have gotten to know Jesus intimately over the years, I can't stop wanting to do great things for Him.  Is it just me wanting to repay Him or does it go deeper?  Do I still think that I need to be doing good things in order to be seen different by God?  Sometimes I still do.  But this scripture confirms it once again for me.  I don't have to do one thing the rest of my life accept continue believing that Jesus died to give me eternal life in heaven.  God is happy just to know me and love me.  He enjoys being loved by me and likes to watch me live out my faith through my obedience to Him and my love for others.  I don't have to be searching everyday for ways to impress Him or repay Him.  Many years ago Jesus set me free!  So whether I just obey God's nudge to smile at a stranger or listen to Him tell me to write a book, what I do doesn't matter, Jesus did the what.  I need only listen and love.  

Dear God, thank you for your gentle reminder to sit and wait in you.  That I don't have to be worrying about what you want from me next, and I don't have to repay you for my salvation and the many ways you provide for me.  My job isn't to be looking for ways to "help" you or to impress you, but to accept your free love, that I am already made right with you.   Amen   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!