Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Do You See God in the World Around You?


I remember as a young girl reading the Bible and not understanding much, but as I continued to read, I gained factual knowledge. I knew such things as the names of the disciples, the details of Moses' and Noah's lives. I began storing up information for future use. 

As trials came up in my life, I began reading scripture for a new purpose; I read to find out how Christ would act in various situations. I didn't know it at the time, but God was unveiling his character to me. When I sought to understand how Christ would act, I began to know God as well. Scripture says, "...If you knew me (Christ), you would know my Father also." John 8:19b

Being a Christian means more than just knowing the facts of scripture. It involves knowing God. Knowing someone means understanding their values, their personality, and character.
When you really know someone, you understand their likes and dislikes. You see things happen that would make them smile! As you are going about your day, you see things that remind you of the one you know. You know how they will respond to situations. 

That's how it is once you get to know God. I see beautiful scenes in nature and know for sure that God's hand has created the scene. When I'm with my grandchildren I smile at their innocence knowing that God too loves their pure delight and joy of life! My heart breaks when I see violence or injustice because I know how God responds to these things as well. 

I don't know where you are on your journey with God, but I encourage you too keep reading His Word. Continue asking questions and memorizing scripture and Biblical facts. Ask God to unveil his character so that you too can see him in the world around you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!