Monday, December 29, 2014

Seek Confirmation

"The reason the dream was given to Pharaoh in two forms is that the matter has been firmly decided by God, and God will do it soon." Genesis 41:32

Pharaoh had had two dreams that greatly disturbed him. He summoned magicians and wise men to come and interpret the dreams, but no one could. Joseph had interpreted a dream for Pharaoh's cupbearer in the past, so upon the king's request, Joseph was summoned to interpret these dreams as well. God revealed the meaning of the dreams to Joseph concerning 7 years of plenty followed by 7 years of extreme famine. Praise to God for the way he then used Joseph to prepare for the years of famine. But today, I am struck by the statement in verse 32. Joseph said to Pharaoh, "The reason the dream was given to Pharaoh in two forms is that the matter has been firmly decided by God, and God will do it soon." Genesis 41:32

I deeply believe in seeking confirmation from God in any situation. I can be moved to action by my own desires and decisions too often, especially when emotions are high. And I've made my own share of mistakes when I acted in haste. I have found that God understands my tendencies to rush in and try to fix things or make things happen on my time table. But I am learning to seek his confirmation when I feel he is leading me to do or say something, especially when the timing and detail involve others' faith and feelings. God is always faithful to confirm what his desire is for me. One day, my daughter and I had to make a very important decision. Not only did God give me an answer through a specific passage, he gave her the same passage in her quiet time- from a totally different source. Confirmed! This was his will! Oh, how I love the lengths God will go to in order to help us stay on the correct path!

Wisdom seeks confirmation! Seeking involves open eyes, a heart that is ready, and diligence in the word. The Christian faith is not for the lazy or faint of heart! Walking with God means staying alert because he is not forceful with his will but rather subtle. Watch and wait for Him! He is faithful! And he will make his will clear if you are willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!