Friday, December 5, 2014

Jesus Is Our Anchor

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Heberews 13:8

An anchor is an object that is attached to a rope or chain and it is used to moor a boat to the sea bottom.  It can also be a person or thing that provides stability or confidence in an otherwise uncertain situation.  When used as a verb it means to secure firmly in position and provide with a firm basis or foundation.  It is no coincidence that while I was searching for a picture of an anchor many of them have what appears to be a cross on the top.  Jesus is never changing in a world that is constantly changing.  He is steady when the storms of life begin to rumble and fight to take us under.  The changes that are occurring in our life cannot always be stopped but if we stay grounded with Jesus as our anchor we can never get pushed too far out.  As a boat in the middle of rocky sea, we may get tossed around, but we will never get lost at sea or left under water for too long.  When your life is getting a little uneasy and you feel your boat starting to rock do you cling to your anchor and let Jesus hold you steady?  If you are holding tight to anything besides Jesus Christ your life will rock and easily get tipped over.  Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever! He will not let us down or get lost at sea.  If you try to hold tightly to money, other people, fame or self dependance, you may find yourself being dragged out to sea because we can't be anchored by things that are constantly changing and moving.

Dear God, as we enter into this Christmas season I thank you so much for Your Son, Jesus Christ!  You knew life would be hard for me and you provided me with an anchor to hold me steady and keep me from getting lost at sea.  You have provided me with a firm foundation that I never want to step off of and I never want to detach from.  Hold me steady when things get rough this week and keep me secure in Your loving arms.  In Jesus' Name, Amen          

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!