Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's Not About Me!

I have been repeating this phrase to myself over and over the past several weeks.  As I start to feel selfish over a matter, or I catch myself expressing selfishness through my actions and words, I have to step back and say to myself, "It's not about me".  Life isn't all about me and God did not put me on this earth for me to be the center of my life.  As God guides me through life I try to follow Him as best as I know how.  As I grow closer to Him I gain a better understanding of what He asks of me and the road he is asking me to walk along.  

He renews my strength.  He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.
Psalm 23:3

When we are in constant communion with God.  When we spend time in His word and we devote our lives to His will we will hear God ask us to do things.  He may ask you to offer grace to someone who hurt you.  He may lead you into a new profession or ask you to leave one you are very comfortable with.  He may ask you to adopt a child from another country or raise a grandchild.  God calls us all to love the unloveable and reach out to those in need.  He leads us along paths that are not easy and downright horrible at times, but along those paths there is peace when we trust Him completely.  All of this walking, will bring honor to God's name.  When we stop thinking "it's all about me" and start doing things for God, then we can bring honor to Him.  

Dear God, I want to honor You.  I want my actions and my decisions to follow Your lead and I desire to bring You honor.  Please point out the areas in my life that I act out of selfishness and where I am not allowing you to lead me, or where I am going on ahead of You.  Show me how we can work together to make disciples.  Let's be partners in serving others and let me bring honor to Your name.  
In Jesus' Name  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!