Monday, December 8, 2014

Find Wisdom

Prior to going to bed last night I had one request for God. I presented a situation to him and asked him to give me direction. "How Lord, do I handle this situation?" I had hoped to awaken to a one sentence answer. I hoped to awaken to the details of what I was to do. Well, God didn't give me the specifics, but he gave me direction. As is always true of our faithful God, he answered! His answer was this...

"The Lord grants wisdom. From his mouth come knowledge and understanding." 
Proverbs 2:6
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Proverbs 31:25-26

I need wisdom, and the wisdom I need comes from spending time in his presence. He will show me the path to take, the words to speak or not speak, and he will give me peace in the situation. All I must do is seek Him! He is wisdom.

And if those passages weren't enough for me to understand, he gave me more. I have a young friend who is wanting to deepen her relationship with God. As I searched for a devotional book from my shelf to give to her, I read the passage for today. Can you guess what it was about? You got it! Wisdom! It again sent me to the book of Proverbs. God delights in giving us what we need and if we are willing to spend time with him, he will lead us step by step into his Wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!