Friday, July 11, 2014

You light up my darkness


O Lord, you are my light; yes, Lord you light up my darkness.
2 Samuel 22:29

I had this scripture a few days ago.  I remember skimming over it and not really mediating on it for very long.  Well, God intended for me to do more with it because I just got it again this morning and today I see it a little differently.  As I ponder the meaning of this scripture it brings me great comfort.  The Lord is our light.  He lights up our darkness.  What is our darkness?  It might be a hectic schedule, illness, loss of a loved one, a painful past, or a worrisome future.  For me it is the fear of giving back a foster child I have had since she was a just a newborn.  I am torn between wanting to mentor and love on her hurting, struggling mother and wanting to hang on to this precious baby!  And in those moments when I start to worry I need to focus on the Light.  A very hard thing to do in the moment but the only thing that can get me through successfully. (that and encouragement from my GFF)  

When we are struggling with conflict and feel like we are losing the battle in our tough circumstances there is hope.  When there is darkness in our midst, The Lord is our Light!  Through God's perspective we can see good in any situation.  He can light up any darkness that attempts to hold us down and blind us, but we have to look for Him.  We have to call on God and look deep into that thing we are facing and find the blessings that are present.  For me it is the time I get to spend with this precious baby every day until that day she leaves.  I have to be thankful for those moments I get feed her at night and the days I get to see her sweet morning smile and that first morning stretch.  I Praise God for the opportunity to witness to her mother and start up a new relationship with her!  I have to focus on all things good and watch for God's light to shine in my darkness.  

Friends, if you feel you are in the dark I suggest that you focus on God's perspective.  Look for the blessings that are all around you.  Ask God for His perspective and invite His light to shine on you and your situation.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!