Saturday, July 26, 2014

Before I Even Ask

"Before they call I will answer. While they are still speaking I will be here."     
 Isaiah 65:24

I have to be honest today and tell you that worry and doubt are my two greatest sins. I worry about things that never come about, and I spend a lot of time wondering how God will work things out when I don't see a clear pattern for them to find resolution. I fear how a situation will play out when I should be sitting back in my Father's arms waiting for the solution to come to me; for this is how He works.

God knows I have 'freak out' down to an art form, so he often speaks to my heart about a situation before it is even public. I feel a stirring in my soul or my devotions position me on alert. Sometimes in the night I wake up and feel him speak directly to my heart.  He gives me a 'heads up' so to speak so I have time to draw nearer to him and find the strength to handle what it to come.

Just as a parent sees their child's needs and prepares to help them before the child even asks, God knows what we need before we even know our own needs. He's already putting His Spirit, other people, and a means to carry us through the trial in place before we often know what is going on. Our job is to stay in communication with Him so that we don't miss what He's prepared for us. Isaiah 65:24 tells us that God says, "Before they call I will answer. While they are still speaking I will be here." Now that is a faithful Father! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!