Friday, July 25, 2014

My Hope Is In Him

We put our hope in the Lord, He is our help and our shield.  In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His Holy name.  Let your unfailing love surround us Lord for our hope is in You alone.
Psalm 33:20-22

I have many things that I pray for on a daily basis but lately there has been one thing that I repeat and pray about several times a day.  I won't go into detail but it concerns my life as a foster parent and it deals with the hardship of an uncertain future for my family and the children we foster.  I know that I don't have all the answers, and although I have my thoughts on a system that at times seems failing, I put my one hope in My Lord because nothing else in life is guaranteed.  I know that placing my hope in God and giving Him my trust means that I don't have a say in what happens and with the help of God and a few friends I am slowly learning that I have the strength to do this.  So, if you know me and you see me on the streets you can ask me if it's hard to give my foster children back and my answer can be honest, and a big yes at times.  God's way is not always the easy way but as long as my hope is in Him I can trust the outcome is perfect and right.  Not even God says I have to love it or agree with Him, He just asks me to trust Him and that I do.  I believe He hears my prayers and I know that He will honor them.  I have learned to line up my will and prayers to go along with His desires for all human kind and I trust that what I ask Him will come true because it is what he would want for my foster children too.  So today I ponder my prayers and the Amazing Man who is listening to them at all hours of the day and night.  I visualize His listening ear right beside me as I place my trust in Him, out loud, just one more time, to ease the difficulty and calm my fears.  I am amazed at the peace I hold in my heart and when that peace starts to fade I begin to pray again.  I know that my God will honor His promise to fulfill the desires of my heart, His name is one the line and He is my help and my shield. 

He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; He hears their cries fro help and rescues them. 
Psalm 145:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!