Monday, July 28, 2014

It Hurts!

Our son has recently had surgery. He's a tough kid and never complains. I admire both his physical and emotional strength. But today, he's hurting and telling us about it. As a mom, I hate that for several reasons. First, I'm supposed to be able to make his hurts go away. We do this for our children from the time they are first born. They cry, and we know just what to do to make them content. Second, he has things he needs to be doing and his hurt is keeping him from going on about life.
As I prayed for him last night I asked God just to touch him and take the hurt away. I asked for a miraculous healing. It was not to be so. Not that God can't, but obviously there is something to learn by someone through this pain. It may be me, my son, or someone else, but there will no healing until the lessons are learned.
But even in this trial, I am praising God because of his faithfulness. I emailed our son's doctor this morning. Within 30 minutes he called back with a plan-- intense antibiotics and a trip to the oral surgeon. Healing will come because God has given men and women wisdom to heal our bodies. He has provided medications to fight infections and heal sickness. I'm praising because I can have conversations with my son about God's faithfulness and timing.
I'm also praising because his word to me today was this- "I trusted in the Lord when I said, 'I am greatly afflicted." Psalm 116-10
God knows what we need and he knows the timing in providing those things. So, what is it you're waiting on? What is it that God could heal in a moment, but that he's chosing to allow time to delay? Look for his faithfulness even in the pain. Look for his blessings even in the wait!
He loves you, knows your need and will come at just the right time. He is the ultimate healer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!