Saturday, July 19, 2014

Our Blueprint For Life And My Prayer For You


How can a young person live a clean life?  By carefully reading the map of your Word.  I'm single minded in pursuit of you; don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.  I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt.  Be blessed, God; train me in our ways of wise living.  I'll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from your mouth; I delight far more in what you tell me about living than in gathering a pile of riches.  I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you've done it.  I relish everything you've told me of life, I won't forget a word of it. 
Psalm 119:6-16 MSG

Well it is early on Saturday morning.  We have ballgames all day and a 4H fair to get ready for.  I find it so encouraging that as I am scrambling to find something for you to read today God is once again faithful to give me the perfect scripture.  I have never read this from the Message translation but it is beautiful to my ears and as I read it over and over it takes my breath away.  This is the map to a successful life lived by following God.  It is what I dream for my life, and although I can stray from this plan often, my heart is always here.  I want to live a life in constant pursuit of God.  I want to go to Him with every question and every problem I have, and I want to handle all my situations His way.  There is so much to learn by reading the Word!  There is so much protection by following God's commands and His teachings, hope is abundant when we read about His promises, and pure joy fills our life when we trust in God's direction and His plan.  

Friends, I pray for you this day that you can live this scripture out.  I pray that you can understand the importance of God First living and feel the joy and security that comes with knowing God.  I want you to gain wisdom through reading His Word and I hope for you to have the desire and ability to hold His Words in your heart.  I want this God First life for you!          

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!