Tuesday, July 29, 2014

.......And So We Pray

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.  There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.
Hebrews 4:16


There was a time in the not so far past that I prayed for things randomly here and there when I thought of them.  Usually at bedtime and when situations popped up.  I understood that God heard my prayers and I trusted Him to answer me but I never really took my faith to that next level.  I never went boldly to God and demanded answers and I never took that next step of faith that showed me living my belief.  When I study this scripture I see myself entering God's presence with boldness and a confidence that shows that I believe God will answer me.  Instead of just cowering and asking for the same things, I want to be a person who expects results.  I want to believe with everything I have that God will give me my deepest desires and show me answers to my biggest problems.  A positive attitude brings positive results and going to God with boldness and expectance is a positive thing!   

Do you go to God with expectations?  Do you believe that what you ask for you will possess?  Start approaching God with boldness, and a confidence that won't give the devil a chance to sneak his lies into your mind and heart.  If you are going through the motions and just jabbering with God then start today to ask in confidence and with the expectation that you will receive answers.  Don't waste your time just talking if you don't truly believe that God hears and answers you.    



We have courage in God's presence, because we are sure that He hears us if we ask Him for anything that is according to His will.  He hears us whenever we ask Him; and since we know this is true, we know also that he gives us what we ask from Him.  
(1 John 5:14-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!