Monday, June 2, 2014

You're Not Alone

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

I'm very much a people person. I like to watch people and talk to people. I just enjoy being around others. The last few weeks I've had to do several things alone. I can honestly say I didn't like it. But the other evening I had to attend a graduation...alone. I considered not going, but decided that was the coward's way out. I had to go! As I walked in, I scanned the room looking for welcoming faces. Everyone was engaged in conversation. The people I knew relatively well were already visiting or were in areas that didn't have empty seats. The rest of the crowd consisted of unfamiliar faces. For a fleeting moment I thought, "I'll greet the graduate, drop the card and leave. I hate being alone." Then I heard this soft voice say, "You're not alone." 
I heard the Spirit remind me that I was not alone; even in this crowd where no one welcomed me into their group, I was not alone. Instantly my confidence rose! I could do this. I proceeded to fill a plate and sat down. I sat in the middle of the crowd, with empty chairs on all sides of me and ate my meal. All the while I smiled because I wasn't alone. My savior and my friend sat with me at this table.
Let this be a reminder that you too are never alone!  
Thank you, Lord, that you never leave us alone. Even when we are physically alone or lost in a crowd, you are right beside us! You are an amazing God and I am so thankful for the relationship we have. Praise your name, because you are worthy! Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!