Saturday, June 7, 2014

Understand God's Love and Submission Will Come


I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.  Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Ephesians 3:16-19

I can't help but think the reason more people don't submit their will to The Father is because their perspective is all wrong.  I believe that if more people looked for God in their everyday and tasted His goodness and love they wouldn't think twice about submitting to God.  Think about why people submit to others.  Why do wives submit to their husbands?  When someone feels loved and respected it is so easy to submit to them and respect them back.  When we don't look for God through scripture and blessings in our life we will never understand how much He loves us.  And if we don't feel loved by God we won't submit to His will.

So if you are having difficulty handing over your will and life to God.....if you have a hard time trusting God with every piece of your life, then you need to first understand how much He loves you.  Friend, dig into your bible and read about God's love for you, claim it and really let it soak in.  Take God's love for you from your head and let it settle in your heart.  When you feel His love and mercy you will be more willing to submit to Him and trust Him with your life.  When I finally understood how deeply God loved me I was more willing to trust Him on a regular basis, and with things that were not easy to let go of.  Today I am able to place my life in His hands because I believe He loves me so much that He has my best interest in mind.  But this love, although always there, is something that I need to experience every day.  I need to be looking for Him in the small things and have a perspective that will allow me to see Him working in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!