Monday, June 23, 2014

His Eye Is On The Sparrow


Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them.  Of how much more value are you than birds?
Luke 12:24

I was bombarded with reminders of Gods great love for me all day yesterday.  It started in church with the song His Eye Is On The Sparrow.  The lyrics are so comforting.  A song I grew up singing quite often in the Catholic church, I memorized the lyrics without really understanding what they meant.  Now as I am grown I can appreciate the meaning and the importance of this beautiful song to bring peace and healing to a worried soul.  

As my day progressed I received the same scripture twice that read:
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

And then to top of my day I received the scripture from Luke that you read above.  Again I was reminded of providence and the way God has designed this world to care for even the smallest of living things.  I can confidently say after a day with so many reminders I will not worry.  God is so big and He knows what is best in my life and yours.  Why do we ever doubt Him?

Dear God, thank You for loving small me. In a world of so many people and animals I am important to You and You have my best interests in mind.  God, You want what is best for me and my future, my family and friends.  As my prayers go up, You are constantly working them all out.  I have nothing to fear nor one thing to worry about because I have the creator of the universe on my side.  Nothing is impossible for You and I will honor You by trusting in You today.  Amen     



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!