Friday, June 6, 2014

Faithful Friends

"He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many." 
2 Corinthians 1:11

This verse is so dear to my heart. I am blessed with friends and family who intercede in prayer faithfully. I simply have to say, "Please pray," and I can feel the ground shake as their knees hit the floor before our God. Because these friends are righteous, there is power in their prayers. As they petition before the throne on my behalf, I can feel hope and joy overcome my heart. They carry me to God when I am too weary to go on my own. When my strength returns, I am renewed and ready to carry on in the battle. Together we will give thanks to God when he has delivered us from this 'glorious mess!' If it weren't for my GFF's I can honestly say I don't think I'd be standing firm today. I love you GFF's!

If you want to see the ultimate power in prayer pray for at least one friend who will be your GFF, your God First Friend. One person who will meet with you weekly, study scripture, rebuke you when needed, and pray for you without ceasing. As a result of your intimate spiritual friendship many will give thanks for the mighty works that God does in your life to the honor of his name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!