Thursday, February 6, 2014

Whiter Than Snow


"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean,
     wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7


I love a good snow day! As a teacher it's just a little gift to wake up to the phone call informing me of a cancelation, so I can snuggle back in for a few more moments of rest!
The snow the past few days has been beautiful. I love looking out the window when the snow is fresh. It's amazing. It covers the brown grass of winter. It lays upon the bare trees and covers their branches with a coat of white that glistens in the sun. The darkness of winter is overtaken by a brilliance that literally hurts my eyes as I peer out the kitchen window.
And this is how my once dirty heart glistens in the light of God's grace and forgiveness. Where once the stain of sin stood, I now radiate a brilliant light as I stand before my God- forgiven!
Friend, that same grace awaits you today! 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Whatever you've done, God is waiting to bestow upon your heart a fresh, brilliant covering of forgiveness and grace. Just ask and receive. It's a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!