Sunday, February 9, 2014

God Equips


This is my life work:  helping people understand and respond to this Message.  It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details.  When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God’s way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians.  God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.
Ephesians 3:7-8

Read this scripture and read it again.  Paul was the most unlikely person to preach The Word to people.  Paul was an awful man who killed people for believing in Jesus.  How on earth he was changed overnight is nothing short of a miracle.  He had to be one of the most feared men of his day to anyone even contemplating believing and following Jesus, yet God used Him.  Paul says here that God saw to it that he was equipped.  Paul didn’t have to do anything but allow God to use him.  He wasn’t born into a family of great speakers.  He wasn’t a smart scholar or businessman with great negotiating skills.  Paul was a murderer of many who was used by God to save the lives of even more.  That is a beautiful thing!!

I could go into great detail all the things God has done in my life and share with you the many areas that He has equipped me.  What I know from experience is the things that God has done through my life are the very things I used to say I would never do.  God really does do all the work and He equips us.  You can bet that being a foster parent does not come from my natural abilities.  Speaking in front of a congregation is absolutely not in my blood and writing blogs and sharing my faith like an open book was definitely not my first choice for a profession.  

What has God equipped you to do?  What is He calling you to do that you just don’t think is possible?  My friend do not be afraid!  What ever the call on our life you can be sure that God has equipped you and that all the work is being done through Him.  He is handling all the details!  You just need to be willing and put your own will and dreams aside to live out the dreams that God has for you.  Take a chance on that stirring in your heart!  Let God show you His dreams for your life and allow Him to use you in ways you never thought possible! 

Dear God,
Thank you for loving me and equipping me to do the things I never thought were possible.  Please keep shaping me and using me where you see fit.  I trust that you are handling all of the details!  Take my life and let it be the life you have dreamed for me.  I want nothing less than to live for you.  In Jesus name I pray
                                                                                                     Amen

1 comment:

  1. God is blessing me because of your blogs! Thank u for allowing Him to use u which in return allows Him to use me. I believe ALL things are possible with Christ our Lord and Savior!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you!