Monday, February 3, 2014

Personalize It!


Instead of reading Psalm 112 straight from the bible, I want to personalize it. I want to tell God that I believe His word to be true in my life therefore I will claim them as my own.

Psalm 112

Praise the Lord!

I am joyful because I fear the Lord
and delight in obeying his commands.

2 My children will be successful everywhere;
an entire generation of godly people will be blessed.

3 I will be wealthy,
and my good deeds will last forever.

4 Light shines in the darkness for the me.
I am generous, compassionate, and righteous.

5 Good will come to me because I lend money generously and conduct my business fairly

6  I will not be overcome by evil.
I will be long remembered.

7 I do not fear bad news;
I confidently trust the Lord to care for me.

8 I am confident and fearless
and can face my foes triumphantly.

9 I share freely and give generously to those in need.
my good deeds will be remembered forever.
I will have influence and honor.

10 My enemies will see this and be infuriated.
They will grind their teeth in anger;
they will slink away, their hopes thwarted.


Now it’s your turn. What scripture or passage do you look to in times of need or praise? I want to encourage you to rewrite it in first person as if you are saying it directly to God. His word is living and it applies to you today! Trust God and claim His words as your own!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!