Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Well Done My Faithful Servant

'Well done, you good and faithful servant!', said his master.  'You have been faithful in managing small amounts, so I will put you in charge of large amounts.  Come on in and share my happiness!'
Matthew 25:21

What has God laid on your plate lately?  I can say he has kept my plate very full these last few days.  I am blessed to be used by God and today as I read this scripture its meaning became a little clearer to me.  God allows challenges in our life for a reason.  He tests us to see how we handle certain situations.  He wants to see what we do with our little bumps in the road and how we take care of the special gifts He places in our care.  Everything in our life has been given to us and God is waiting to see what we do with it all.  I know I have really messed up at times but now as I better understand this scripture I can keep moving forward knowing that everything I have in life and every situation I run into is designed for me and my walk with God. 

Friends, God gives you obstacles and blessings because they are meant to shape you and grow you.  He loves you and trusts you with these things.  He has his eyes on the prize and the great future He holds for you.  God sees eternity and the many people you will lead there! And when it comes to that glorious day He can't wait to tell you, "Well done good and faithful servant".  Are you doing a lot with, and staying faithful in the small things?  Has God given you the big stuff yet?  Keep persevering and thanking God for using you!  Use the good things He gives a multiply them!  Be responsible with God's gifts and He will reward you with more!

Who is a faithful, sensible servant to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his household and feeding his family?  If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward.
Matthew 24:46-47
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!