Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Truth Will Set You Free

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32 NIV

"I am being held captive by some circumstances in my life right now.  These things are, at times, consuming my thoughts and taking over my feelings.  I have some issues that need resolved and I don't know exactly what God wants me to do about them.  I trust that He has all the answers and, in fact, He has been faithful to reassure me of His presence in my life and encourage me to keep moving forward."  

Does this scenario sound at all familiar?  Do you ever just cry out for God to make your way so crystal clear?  Are you dealing with decisions and problems that seem out of your control and you just don't know how to approach them?  What is worrying you?  What is confusing you?  How can you overcome your chains and find freedom? 

I have some questions and today, for the first time, I realize that these questions I seek to answer......the wisdom I so desperately need, is the only thing that will set me free from my chains.  Jesus said it Himself, "the truth will set you free" and so I am seeking God's truth in the things that hold me down.  I am devoting my quiet time to studying what God says about the things that I am struggling with.  The only answer I will be sure of is the answer that comes from God.  I don't want to mess this up and I don't want to disobey God's calling so I will seek the truth to set myself free from the confusion and chaos in my life.  I will let my difficulties draw me closer to God instead of the opposite.  I will allow my discomfort to take me deeper.  I will seek God's truth and so be set free!  Won't you join me?

Dear God, give me Your wisdom.  Lead me to the write place in Your Word that will teach me and set me free.  Give me your advice and lead me in my day.  My peace comes from You and knowing Your truth.  Let my chains be broken and give me new freedom to make the choices that follow your laws.

All he does is just and good and all his commandments are trustworthy.
Psalm 111:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!