Monday, November 2, 2015

Check Your Motives

All the person's ways seem pure to them,
but the motives are weighed by the Lord.
Proverbs 16:2

A decision had been made. I felt it was what God wanted, yet I felt led to check my motives. I searched myself asking God to help me find the bottom line. Why was I saying, "No" to this situation? After hours of reflecting and trying to figure out why I had made my decision, I found that fear was the driving force. Because saying 'yes' would have caused me discomfort, I was willing to opt out. But my answer was based on fear, not faith. God tells us not to fear, so my decision had to be re-evaluated and ultimately changed.

I don't like the decision I had to make, because it makes me vulnerable. It opens me to the potential for hurt and disappointment, but I must trust God with it! I cannot act in fear and grow in faith. So, I made my decision, knowing that God will be with me as the situation plays out.

What about you? Are you closed to making decisions because they expose you to a place of vulnerability or discomfort? As we walk with the Lord, our faith is tested and trials come to allow us to exercise our faith. Don't let fear hold you back! Examine your motives for decisions you are making and step out of the fear and into the arms of God's love! Don't shrink back in fear, but rather let your trials grow your faith.

Faith is making decisions trusting God with the outcome!

Dear Lord,
Help me to act in faith. To evaluate my motives and be on the lookout for fear driven decisions. God I want to honor you in my choices. I want my faith to grow. Deepen my faith to overcome my fear!
Amen and amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!