Wednesday, November 11, 2015

God deserves the Credit


I give you all the credit, God-
you got me out of that mess,
you didn't let my foes gloat.

God, my God, I yelled for help
and you put me together.
God, you pulled me out of the grave, 
gave me another chance at life
when I was down-and-out.

All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God!
Thank him to his face!
He gets angry once in a while, but across 
a lifetime there is only love.

The nights of crying  your eyes out 
give way to laughter.
His anger is for a moment, 
but his grace will be for as long

Psalm 30:1-3


David is giving God the credit for his rescue. He had been sick and had cried out to God for healing. How ever he also alludes to the fact that he had sinned against God and felt the wrath of His anger, perhaps through the illness itself. David is thanking God for his healing and for God's discipline which saved him from an eternal pit far from God's presence. David asks all the saints to praise God together with him for what He's done!

I can so relate to David! I've spent many a night crying out for healing, not physical, but emotional and relational. I also know that much of my emotional pain came from choices that did not align to God's will for my life. At the time I thought I had a better plan, and God's anger was felt. My choices had not only earthly consequences, but consequences with God!

However, God in his tender love, disciplined me to listen to his will and to trust in his sovereign plan. He is also bringing healing to my body and relationships. And I give him the credit for what he's done for me!

We can be confident that in his love, God will allow us to reap the consequences of our choices. But when we truly turn from our sin and cry out for reconciliation with God, he is waiting to respond. 
So, today I ask you to praise God with me for the healing he has brought and continues to bring in my life. And also for the discipline to walk in his will!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!