Monday, November 2, 2015

I Am Sure

That is why I am suffering here in prison.  But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.
                                                                                                                        - 2 Timothy 1:12


Cling to these words as you sit at Jesus' feet and hand over the hurt you just experienced.  As you hand over your feelings of inadequacy or your feelings of fear, trust that God will take care of them.  Your child who just left home for college or who just got her license and has her new found freedom, hand her over and be sure that He is able to guard her.  Your spouse who left the house in a bad mood, let God work on his heart and believe He has him completely in His care.  Take all of your disappointments, your responsibilities, your regrets, your fears and those things you love the most, hand them over and don't be ashamed of any of it.  Life has valleys and hills that we travel on a daily basis.  Some days we feel like Paul, trapped in a prison, and some days we feel like we can't be stopped, but for it all, we can be sure that God is able to guard those things that we have entrusted to Him.  The good, the bad and the ugly should all belong to God.  The simple, the unexpected and the impossible...........God can carry them all and guard them until the day of His return.  As for me, I will find comfort in His ability to save me today.  I will make a choice to believe that He has my problems in His hands.  I will forget and I will stumble, but in the end, I know my God is to be trusted.  I know that my God will prevail!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!